Monday, January 26, 2009

Feeling Settled

We're really enjoying our new place. It's slowly starting to fill up with furniture. We were able to bring Ryan's twin bed home from his parents place a couple of weeks ago. It will be Rayce's when I'm ready to let him out of his crib(not quiet ready for the no nap stage). We were able to pick two beds up for a pretty good deal for the other rooms. I'm feeling more organized and settled every day. We're still trying to figure out the wood burning stove, who knew it would be so temperamental? I apologize for smelling like camp fire but we are working on it.

Rayce continues to learn new things daily. He's talking more, climbing more and running more. Like I've said before "He's very ACTIVE" but we wouldn't want it any other way. Things you may hear him say often:

--Mom, Mom, Mom (saying very quickly)
--Watch this (while pushing your face to look)
--Cracker (he loves crackers)
--Juice (this is his latest phase)
--Tessi (he walks around saying her name)
--Daddy (all bikes are Daddy)
--J.S. (all cowboys are J.S.)
--Hot (holding hand out)
--I love YOU (emphasis on the you)
--Taylie (all babies are Taylie)

He's learning who everyone is very quickly and loves his sitters. Children are absolutely amazing and the greatest gift. How grateful I am to blessed with such a gift.

PS...We've learned that too much sugar makes too much work for mom and dad. Ryan has been forbidden to have sugar packet eating contests with him.

2 comments:

The Roundy Clan said...

A sugar eating contest would be great!! Sorry I didn't stick around to help you move the new beds around. I am a bad house guest. Thanks for letting me stay. Me and the girls had a great time. love ya

The Wright Family said...

LOL! Sounds like Rayce (and your chimney) have been a handful! We need to have a good long talk one of these days! I miss you!